AUSVEG VIC was established to ensure effective agri-political representation and links to national industry programs. AUSVEG VIC is the new name for the Vegetable Growers Association of Victoria (VGA), and is building upon the work done by the VGA on behalf of Victorian vegetable growers since it was established in 1923.
The State Manager works closely with the AUSVEG VIC Executive Committee - formerly known as the VGA Executive Committee, with many of the same members - to assess key priorities for representation and potential on-farm services to assist the industry.
AUSVEG VIC extends the strong model for advocacy on industry issues that AUSVEG has established at the national level to Victorian growers. AUSVEG has the goal of using its experience in effectively representing grower interests with government and the community to further the development of horticulture in the state.
Member benefitsAUSVEG VIC delivers the following services to AUSVEG VIC Members:
- Advocacy on behalf of AUSVEG VIC members with local councils and Victorian Parliamentary representatives.
- Access to all services and information provided by AUSVEG.
- Monthly AUSVEG VIC newsletter.
- Advice available on export development including assistance with export readiness checklist.
- Opportunities for young growers to participate in local networking events.
- Access to discounted AUSVEG Member rates to subscription events.
- Assistance in obtaining minor use permits which will develop maximum residue limits.
- Access to economic data including economic and trade statistics specific to growers.
- Assistance with nominations for recognition of business excellence through the AUSVEG National Awards for Excellence.
- Access to all of AUSVEG’s R&D data.
- Direct representation at Plant Health Australia forums regarding biosecurity issues.
Industry issues and consultationAUSVEG VIC is keen to hear about the issues affecting Victorian growers as a means of determining the priorities for representation and service delivery in the state. Growers are encouraged to contact the State Manager at any time should they have any concerns, or if they would like to discuss some of the issues facing their operations.
Office contact detailsActing State Manager - Victoria
Mr Tom Cohen
PO Box 138
Level 2, 273 Camberwell Road
Camberwell, VIC, 3124
Phone: 03 9882 0277
Mobile: 0437 037 613