Changes to certification requirements for potato exports from Victoria to Korea
The Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment has released a new Industry Advice Notice (IAN), to advise industry of a new certification process when exporting potatoes from Victoria to Korea.
The new requirement is effective immediately.
Summary of changes and key points
- The new process applies to potatoes which are harvested from an area permitted for export and washed in an accredited washing facility in Victoria.
- The new process removes the requirement to submit a separate EX46A form to confirm the place of origin.
- An additional statement will now appear in the phytosanitary certificate confirming the place of origin for export to Korea.
- The Manual of importing country requirements (Micor) has been updated to reflect the new requirements. Exporters must refer to the relevant Micor case prior to export to ensure import conditions can be met.
- All other export requirements remain unchanged.
Click here to read more.