QLD AgMove campaign
Travel tropical Far North Queensland, earn an income, and receive financial assistance of up to $6,000 when you move to take up a job on the harvest trail!
A location as beautiful and diverse as its produce, Far North Queensland is a destination like no other! If you’ve always wanted to explore the region now is a great opportunity, with hundreds of seasonal jobs available.
Whether you’re a job seeker, school leaver or working holiday maker, you could find yourself picking mangoes in Mareeba, bananas in Tully or potatoes and pumpkins in Atherton. There is a huge variety of jobs available, ranging in length from weeks to months with no prior farm experience necessary.
If you’re thinking a stint in harvest work could be for you, there is financial support available through the Australian Government’s AgMove initiative to help cover the cost of travel, accommodation and work-related expenses associated with moving.
Tell me about AgMove
Under AgMove agreement, harvest workers only need to complete 40 hours of agricultural work over a two-week period to be able to claim some initial expenses, up to $2,000 for Australians and $650 for eligible visa holders.
The reimbursement entitlements jump to $6,000 for Australian workers and $2,000 for temporary visa holders if they complete 120 hours in a minimum four-week period.
Maximum reimbursement under AgMove is $6,000 for Australians and $2,000 for eligible temporary visa holders with general working rights.
To be eligible for AgMove you must:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident; or
- have a right to work in Australia not limited by an employer or a type of work (like Working Holiday Makers and international students)
- be at least 18 years of age, or if you are relocating to take up a job after 5 May 2021 and have graduated from Year 12, 17-years of age
- relocate to take up a short term agricultural work including harvest work that is confirmed by a Harvest Trail Services (HTS) or the Harvest Trail Information Service (HTIS) provider
- enter into AgMove Agreement with HTS or HTIS provider.
To find out more visit Harvest Trail Services and join the thousands of Australians who are already benefited from AgMove initiative! This is a fantastic opportunity to earn while you explore some of Australia’s most remote and stunning locations right in our backyard.
For more information you can also call the Harvest Trail Information Service (HTIS) Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm on 1800 062 332.