Carrots and turnips (fresh or chilled) were Australia’s largest levied* vegetable export in 2013-14. These exports increased from the previous year, totalling $56 million in 2013-14. The major destinations of Australia’s carrot and turnip exports in 2013-14 included the United Arab Emirates at $17 million, Singapore at $9 million and Malaysia at $7 million.
Potatoes (fresh or chilled) were the second largest type of levied* vegetable exports in 2013-14. Australia’s exports of potatoes (fresh or chilled) increased noticeably by 99% since 2008-09, and totalled $24 million in 2013-14. The majority of Australia’s potatoes (fresh or chilled) were exported to Asian countries, with Indonesia and South Korea being Australia’s largest exports of potatoes at $7 million and $4 million respectively in 2013-14.
Frozen sweet corn also experienced exceptional export growth in the years to 2013-14, totalling $3 million in 2013-14. From 2007-08 to 2013-14, frozen sweet corn exports increased 275%. Japan was the major recipient of these exports, receiving approximately 94% of Australia’s frozen sweet corn exports in 2013-14.
AUSVEG Ltd makes this website available on the understanding that users exercise their own skill and care with respect to its use. Before relying on or altering any business practices users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance of the information for their purpose and should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.*'Levied' refers to products where an Australian producer would pay the vegetable or potato levy if produced in Australia.
- Carrots and Turnips (Fresh or Chilled) 6yr to 2013-14
- Potatoes (Fresh or Chilled) 6yr 2013-14
- Prepared Potatoes (Frozen) 6yr to 2013-14
- Beans (Fresh or Chilled) 6yr to 2013-14
- Lettuce - except head lettuce (Fresh or Chilled) 6yr to 2013-14
- Sweet Corn (Frozen) 6yr to 2013-14
- Pumpkins, Squash, and Gourds (Fresh or Chilled) 6yr to 2013-14
- Head Lettuce - Cabbage Lettuce (Fresh or Chilled) 6yr to 2013-14
- Celery (Fresh or Chilled) 6yr to 2013-14
- Prepared Beans (Not Shelled) 6yr 2013-14
|Economic activities in the vegetable industry are funded by Hort Innovation, using the vegetable research and development levy and contributions from the Australian Government. Hort Innovation is the grower-owned, not-for-profit research and development corporation for Australian horticulture.|