- AUSVEG SA
- Member benefits
- Industry issues and consultation
- Background on the South Australian representative
- Keeping South Australian growers up to date with the latest R&D
- Office contact details
AUSVEG SAWith a staffed office and full-time State Manager, AUSVEG SA is a means of ensuring effective agri-political representation and links to national industry programs for South Australian growers.
AUSVEG SA’s goals are to ramp up the advocacy effort on behalf of South Australian growers with state and local governments, to ensure they have proper representation on key issues, as well as effective dialogue into the R&D process.
South Australian-raised Mr Jordan Brooke-Barnett is AUSVEG State Manager – South Australia. He is based at the AUSVEG SA office, but spends plenty of time in the field, listening to growers about the issues that matter to them.
Mr Brooke-Barnett acts a key point of contact for growers within the state. A major part of his role is assessing key priorities for representation and potential on-farm services to assist the industry.
Mr Brooke-Barnett extends the strong model for advocacy on industry issues that AUSVEG has established at the national level to South Australian growers. AUSVEG has the goal of using its experience in effectively representing grower interests with government and the community to further the development of horticulture in the state.
Member benefitsThe State Manager – South Australia role includes delivery of the following services to AUSVEG SA Members:
- Take up issues with local councils and South Australian government on behalf of AUSVEG SA Members.
- Access to all services and information provided by AUSVEG.
- Monthly AUSVEG South Australia newsletter.
- Advice available on export development including assistance with export readiness checklist.
- Work with potato growers to enhance communication with pack houses.
- Opportunities for young growers to participate in local networking events.
- Access to discounted AUSVEG Member rates to subscription events.
- Assistance in developing minor use permits.
- Access to economic data including economic and trade statistics specific to vegetables and potatoes.
- Assistance with nomination for recognition of business excellence through the AUSVEG National Awards for Excellence.
- Access to all of AUSVEG’s R&D data.
- Direct representation at Plant Health Australia forums regarding biosecurity issues.
Industry issues and consultationAUSVEG is keen to hear about the issues affecting South Australian growers as a means of determining the priorities for representation and service delivery in the state. Growers are encouraged to contact the AUSVEG South Australian representative at any time should they have any concerns, or if they would like to discuss some of the issues facing their operations.
Background on the South Australian representativeAUSVEG staff member Jordan Brooke-Barnett grew up in South East South Australia on a family merino farm and has a strong passion for agricultural issues in the state. Jordan has spent considerable time working with vegetable producers throughout Australia in his previous role managing the highly-successful EnviroVeg Program. Jordan has considerable experience working in the field of communications and marketing, and has qualifications in communications and a Master of Marketing. Passionate about issues facing regional Australia and with a strong track record of working with growers, Jordan is excited about opportunities to work with South Australian growers to meet industry challenges.
Keeping South Australian growers up to date with the latest R&D
Hannah McArdle, Industry Development OfficerSince beginning employment with AUSVEG SA in July 2016 Hannah has been busy keeping SA growers up to date with the latest R&D with workshops, farm visits, newsletter articles and fact sheets. Hannah completed a Bachelor of Agricultural Science at the University of Adelaide in 2015 with extra units in Horticultural Science completed at the University of New England. To hear more about Hannah’s position within the VegNET project at AUSVEG SA contact Hannah:
Ph: (08) 8221 5220
Mob: 0408 475 995
|This project has been funded by Hort Innovation, using the vegetable research and development levy and contributions from the Australian Government. Hort Innovation is the grower-owned, not-for-profit research and development corporation for Australian horticulture.|
Office contact detailsState Manager – South Australia
Mr Jordan Brooke-Barnett
South Australian Produce Market
Pooraka SA 5095
Phone: 08 8221 5220
Mobile: 0404 772 308