Best and brightest of Australian vegetable industry celebrated at 2018 Hort Connections Gala Dinner
Australia’s leading vegetable growers and industry members have been recognised at the Hort Connections 2018 Awards for Excellence Gala Dinner, with around 1,300 attendees from every sector of Australian horticulture celebrating the great work done by representatives from every part of our industry.
The awards cover a wide range of areas that are crucial to the overall success of Australian horticulture, including recognition for outstanding growers, leading researchers, innovative agribusinesses and the nation’s leading exporters.
Here’s the full list of AUSVEG award winners:
- Scott Samwell, SA – Grower of the Year (proudly sponsored by Syngenta)
- Chris McLoghlin, Vic – Young Grower of the Year (proudly sponsored by Corteva AgriScience)
- East Gippsland Innovation Days, Vic – Community Stewardship (proudly sponsored by E. E. Muir & Sons)
- Terry Martella, WA – Innovation Partner (proudly sponsored by Boomaroo Nurseries)
- Jessica Page, Vic – Researcher of the Year (proudly sponsored by Bayer)
- Rachel Mackenzie, Qld – Women in Horticulture (proudly sponsored by Boomaroo Nurseries)
- Frank and Dianne Sciacca, Qld – Environmental Award (proudly sponsored by the Butler Market Gardens)
- Danyang Ying, Vic – Industry Impact (proudly sponsored by Visy)
- Dicky Bill Australia, Qld – NAB Agribusiness Exporter of the Year
AUSVEG would like to congratulate every award winner and thank them for their continued dedication to our industry. We’d also like to recognise the work of everyone who was nominated for an award, which reflects their commitment to our sector.
If you’d like to take a look at some photos from the night, including the award winners, see our photo gallery below.
The award for Exporter of the Year was presented at a separate event held during Hort Connections and was acknowledged at the Awards for Excellence Gala Dinner.
For AUSVEG’s media statements on the 2018 Awards for Excellence, please see the following links:
- Horticulture industry’s best and brightest celebrated at Hort Connections Gala Dinner
- South Australia’s Scott Samwell crowned Grower of the Year at Hort Connections 2018
- Women in Horticulture award presented to influential industry advocate
- Organic mushroom grower Chris McLoghlin named Young Grower of the Year