Hort Innovation Director Nomination Committee – request for levy payer candidates
Hort Innovation will undertake Board Director elections later this year. As part of this process, a Director Nomination Committee (DNC) is established that conducts the recruitment process to identify suitable candidates.
One of the positions on the DNC is selected from a suitable levy payer, which allows levy payers within Hort Innovation to represent levy payer views on the nomination of Directors to Hort Innovation’s Board. The Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (DAFF) is refreshing this list to ensure levy payers have a voice in Hort Innovation’s Board and direction and would encourage as many levy payers to apply as possible.
DAFF is seeking expressions of interest to be a levy payer candidate for the DNC. DAFF will assess the EOIs to create a candidate list that will be drawn upon for up to 5 years commencing in 2023.
- Expressions of Interest open – 1 March 2023
- Expressions of Interest close – 29 March 2023 (5pm AEDT)
Eligible levy payers wishing to express their interest in being the levy payer representative on the DNC should submit a short statement (no more than 1 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org setting out their qualifications against the desirable skills and attributes for the position as outlined in this document:
- Demonstrated ability to work in team environments to reach agreement and to behave respectfully.
- Understanding of the issues facing the sector now and the challenges and opportunities of the future.
- Understanding of the work of Hort Innovation and corporate governance principles.
Expressions of interest may also include a short CV if the levy payer wishes.
The levy payer should also confirm in writing that they have met the eligibility criteria for the position. That is, you are eligible to be appointed as the Levy Payer on the DNC if you are:
- Not a Director of Hort Innovation
- Primarily liable to pay a levy that funds the investments of Hort Innovation (research and development or marketing)
Please contact email@example.com before 29 March 2023 if you have any queries.