VegNET Gippsland announces wide range of industry workshops
VegNET Gippsland has announced a huge line-up of Victorian industry workshops that are aiming to address key vegetable industry training and education needs over the next six months.
The workshops are being delivered in collaboration with VegPRO, the national industry-funded vegetable training initiative, and cover the following topics:
- 22 March 2018: Horticulture Code of Conduct (Lindenow)
- 22 March 2018: Horticulture Code of Conduct (Maffra)
- 12 April 2018: Irrigation training (Newry)
- 31 May 2018: Negotiations and influencing (Stratford)
- 5-6 June 2018: Chemical handling for vegetable growers (Wonthaggi)
- 7 June 2018: Negotiations and influencing (Stratford)
- 27 June 2018: Postharvest management of vegetables (Lindenow)
- 21 August 2018: Value-adding to vegetable products (Sale)
- 22 August 2018: Value-adding to vegetable products (Korumburra)
- 12-13 September 2018: Chemical handling for vegetable growers (Lindenow)
Other VegPRO workshops are planned to cover babyleaf pests and diseases, and VegNET Gippsland is also independently coordinating workshops on mental health first aid and process mapping for businesses.
While some of these workshops have confirmed dates and locations, many more are still being finalised, so interested growers should keep engaged with VegNET Gippsland’s communications, like its latest e-newsletter.
VegNET Gippsland is part of the Australia-wide levy-funded VegNET program and is being delivered by the East Gippsland Food Cluster. For more information, get in touch with East Gippsland Food Cluster Industry Development Officer Shayne Hyman via e-mail at email@example.com.
This post appeared in the AUSVEG Weekly Update published 27 February 2018.