Keep track of events in the Australian vegetable industry using the AUSVEG calendar. If you have an event you'd like listed, use our contact form to get in touch.
Events listed in bold are part of the National Vegetable Extension Network (VegNET), a strategic levy investment project under the Hort Innovation Vegetable Fund which is communicating research and development information to Australian growers.
- This event has passed.
Greenhouse Technical Management Training Course – a Masterclass in Protected Cropping
30 August 2021 - 3 September 2021
A 2021 technical training course in greenhouse and hydroponic production that is specifically designed to develop high level technical and management skills of:
- Growers in protected cropping (greenhouse, vertical farm, hydroponic, aquaponic).
- Suppliers of hydroponic equipment.
- Horticultural researchers and educators, and includes new industry entrants.
This Protected Cropping Masterclass includes practical training, discussions, demonstrations and lectures supported by a 300-page workbook, and other practical tools. It is conducted by two experienced industry presenters Graeme Smith (Graeme Smith Consulting) and Rick Donnan (Growool Horticultural Systems).
Topics include growing media, plant physiology, nutrient management, water quality, irrigation, EC & pH, environmental management, production systems and plant health.
This 4.5-day masterclass will help you:
- understand the principles of controlled production systems.
- use new strategies and technologies to manage greenhouse climates and irrigation.
- understand plant growing requirements and plant production techniques.
- develop new strategies for plant protection and integrated pest-management.
- understand plant nutrition and fertigation programs.
This training is now in its 14th year in Australia and is continually reviewed, revised and updated to include the latest ideas and technology. Please email Graeme Smith for further course details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course cost: AU$1,995 (+ GST).
COVID-19: Organisers are running a ‘COVID-Safe’ event by following all of the prevailing recommendations for any indoor events, and request all attendees follow any guidelines as directed by the course presenters and/or the venue management.
It is recommended that all attendees take out travel insurance in the event of an outbreak.
Please note: All courses require sufficient enrolments to commence and there are limited places in each course.