Keep track of events in the Australian vegetable industry using the AUSVEG calendar. If you have an event you'd like listed, use our contact form to get in touch.
Events listed in bold are part of the National Vegetable Extension Network (VegNET), a strategic levy investment project under the Hort Innovation Vegetable Fund which is communicating research and development information to Australian growers.
- This event has passed.
Irrigation workshop (Maffra)
12 April 2018 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
VegPRO is an industry-funded national training program that delivers targeted training to growers and growing operations around the country to ensure that you have access to tailored training solutions that meet your needs.
In collaboration with the VegNET project, VegPRO is delivering irrigation skills workshops in Victoria and South Australia in the coming weeks. These workshops will give practical, hands-on training to irrigation operators in the vegetable industry, and will cover:
- The relationships between water, crops and soil.
- Understanding and managing the irrigation system.
- Determining an irrigation schedule that matches crop water needs.
- Measuring and interpretation of soil moisture monitoring information.
- Strengths and weaknesses of soil, plant and weather based approaches for irrigation decisions.
These workshops are free for levy-payers thanks to a strategic levy investment by Hort Innovation.
To keep up with all the workshops VegPRO is delivering for growers around the country, use the program’s Eventbrite page!