Keep track of events in the Australian vegetable industry using the AUSVEG calendar. If you have an event you'd like listed, use our contact form to get in touch.
Events listed in bold are part of the National Vegetable Extension Network (VegNET), a strategic levy investment project under the Hort Innovation Vegetable Fund which is communicating research and development information to Australian growers.
- This event has passed.
Northern Australia Food Futures 2018 (Darwin)
2 July 2018 - 4 July 2018
This is a great opportunity to find out what is happening on the ground across the north in developing northern agriculture, in the Gulf and Cape of Queensland, the Ord and West Kimberley of WA, and the NT.
Northern Australia Food Futures Conferences focus on how public and private sectors can develop agriculture in the north operating:
- 43% of Australia’s land mass
- 60% of Australia’s available irrigation water
- Australia’s largest Indigenous communities
- 1.4 million ha of arable soils
The 2018 Northern Australia Food Futures Conference brings again a down to earth view, led by the NT Farmers Association, by farmers who have succeeded in the north. The program of the 2018 conference has changed significantly and will include various workshops as well as farm visits within NT and traditional plenary sessions accompanied by a tremendous social program.
The 2018 Northern Australia Food Futures Conference will include:
- 45 speakers from across Australia
- Including 6 Ministers from NT, WA, Qld, and federal cabinet
- 250 participants with over 50% attendees from private sector
- Strong financial support from key public sectors and private organisations
- Shared experience by successful farmers from all three northern state – WA, NT and Qld
- Indigenous and environmental program components
For more information, see the event website.