Keep track of events in the Australian vegetable industry using the AUSVEG calendar. If you have an event you'd like listed, use our contact form to get in touch.
Events listed in bold are part of the National Vegetable Extension Network (VegNET), a strategic levy investment project under the Hort Innovation Vegetable Fund which is communicating research and development information to Australian growers.
- This event has passed.
Workshop: Wind-dispersed pests and diseases (Attwood)
30 October 2017 @ 9:30 am - 2:00 pm
This workshop will discuss:
- The potential for pests and diseases to enter south-east Australia by long distance wind dispersal
- New strategies for surveillance activities
- Demonstrations of alternative trapping techniques for surveillance
- New molecular tools for identifying exotic pests and diseases
- The new National Plant Surveillance Network
- An analysis of wind dispersed threats to POTATO
This workshop is suitable for:
- Biosecurity surveillance and monitoring staff
- Peak industry body representatives and extension staff
- Industry and growers
- John Weiss (DEDJTR)
- Kyla Finlay (DEDJTR)
- Mark Blackett (DEDJTR)
- Les Zeller (Univ Southern Queensland)
- Callum Fletcher (AUSVEG)