Keep track of events in the Australian vegetable industry using the AUSVEG calendar. If you have an event you'd like listed, use our contact form to get in touch.
Events listed in bold are part of the National Vegetable Extension Network (VegNET), a strategic levy investment project under the Hort Innovation Vegetable Fund which is communicating research and development information to Australian growers.
- This event has passed.
Workshop: Food labelling (Adelaide)
26 October 2017 @ 8:30 am - 10:00 am
To help businesses better understand product labelling requirements (including compliance requirements) and their opportunities to maximise product performance, CSIRO is hosting a series of free workshops in October and November.
These workshops will answer common labelling questions, including:
- What are the new labelling rules about country of origin and how do they affect food businesses?
- What do consumers think of food labelling? Do they trust it?
- What is a health claim for the purposes of food labelling and what do you need to make one?
- How can businesses communicate the nutritional benefit of their food?
- Should businesses support the Health Star Rating system for their products?
Attendees will also have the opportunity to have a free one-on-one meeting with CSIRO presenters for a product assessment and discussion about their business needs.
For more information, see the event website.