HARPS training for Melbourne and Sydney suppliers in late November
Training for the HARPS food safety initiative, also counting as HACCP refresher training, has been organised for Melbourne and Sydney growers. These training sessions will take place on the following days:
Time/date: 8:00am-4:00pm, Friday 23 November 2018
Location: Melbourne Markets, 55 Produce Drive, Epping VIC
Time/date: 8:00am-4:00pm, Monday 26 November 2018
Location: Level 1 Conference Room, Sydney Markets Plaza, 250-318 Parramatta Road, Homebush West 2140
The course is particularly aimed at Tier 1 and 2 growers, suppliers, packers and wholesalers to the major grocery retailers, and covers the following:
- HARPS overview and general requirements;
- Food safety and quality issues in the produce industry;
- Legal requirements for food safety programs;
- Four hazards (biological, chemical, physical, allergen) and their sources;
- Three elements of a food safety program (facilities and equipment, HACCP and prerequisite programs);
- Food safety risk assessment and HACCP process; and
- HARPS elements in practice.
The course has been designed to reflect the immediate needs for producers to meet the HARPS requirements, using case studies and practical examples where possible. In addition, the course will include Food Safety Risk assessment and the HACCP process, which will qualify as ‘HACCP Refresher Training’ as stipulated under HARPS Section 5.2 (this will save needing to attend a separate HACCP Refresher course).
Attendees will be provided with a handbook with the slide presentation and provision for note-taking, as well as supporting documents for exercises and case studies (all to keep). The course will also provide example templates and pro-formas that attendees can use to adapt to their own specific activities.