Save the date for a pest & disease workshop in the Atherton Tablelands, QLD
Industry and government are coming together to run an on-farm workshop to discuss significant pests and disease issues that are affecting horticulture in the Atherton Tablelands, Queensland.
The workshop will be run from 11am to 1pm (AEST) on Thursday 1 July on a yet to be determined grower’s property.
Save the date so that you can join in and hear about issues related to your growing operations.
Experts in their field will present from the paddock on a rage of threats that have arrived, or have the potential to.
Topics will be of interest to a range of industries and will cover:
- Fall armyworm.
- Nematodes (including potato cyst nematode).
- Phytophthora (tree crops and exotic potato late blight).
- Leafminers and their weed hosts.
- Fruit fly (exotic and endemic).
- Varroa and bee diseases including chalk brood.
- General biosecurity obligation and hitchhiker pests.
A registration invite and a full list of speakers will be following soon.