VegPRO bringing free irrigation training to Tasmanian growers in late October
VegPRO is an industry-funded national training program that delivers targeted training to growers and growing operations around the country.
The program has been set up to ensure that you have access to tailored training solutions that meet your needs, and thanks to the levy funds invested in the project by Hort Innovation, this training is free for levy-paying growers.
In collaboration with the VegNET project, VegPRO is delivering irrigation skills training for Tasmanian growers in late October.
Time/date: 8:30am-3:30pm, Wednesday 24 October 2018
Location: University Farm, 701 Richmond Road, Cambridge TAS
Time/date: 8:30am-3:30pm, Thursday 25 October 2018
Location: TBC, Cressy TAS
Time/date: 8:30am-3:30pm, Friday 26 October 2018
Location: Forthside Research Farm, 124 Forthside Road, Forthside TAS
This workshop will give practical, hands-on training to irrigation operators in the vegetable industry, so if you need to brush up on some skills or have new staff that would benefit from training, this is a great opportunity.
The training, which has been delivered in major growing regions around Australia, will cover:
- The relationships between water, crops and soil.
- Understanding and managing the irrigation system.
- Determining an irrigation schedule that matches crop water needs.
- Measuring and interpretation of soil moisture monitoring information.
- Strengths and weaknesses of soil, plant and weather based approaches for irrigation decisions.
To keep up with all the workshops VegPRO is delivering for growers around the country, use the program’s Eventbrite page.