VegPRO supports the training needs of Vic and SA growers with irrigation workshops
VegPRO is an industry-funded national training program that delivers targeted training to growers and growing operations around the country to ensure that you have access to tailored training solutions that meet your needs.
In collaboration with the VegNET project, VegPRO is delivering irrigation skills workshops in Victoria and South Australia in the coming weeks. These workshops will give practical, hands-on training to irrigation operators in the vegetable industry, and will cover:
- The relationships between water, crops and soil.
- Understanding and managing the irrigation system.
- Determining an irrigation schedule that matches crop water needs.
- Measuring and interpretation of soil moisture monitoring information.
- Strengths and weaknesses of soil, plant and weather based approaches for irrigation decisions.
The workshops will be held in the following locations:
Time/date: 9:00am-4:30pm, Thursday 12 April 2018
Location: Heyfield – Upper Maffra Road, Newry, VIC
Angle Vale, SA
Time/date: 8:30am-3:30pm, Thursday 17 May 2018
Location: Thorndon Park Produce – Corner of Gawler River Road & Heaslip Road, Angle Vale SA
These workshops are free for levy-payers thanks to a strategic levy investment by Hort Innovation.
To keep up with all the workshops VegPRO is delivering for growers around the country, use the program’s Eventbrite page.