VIC Seasonal Workforce Accommodation Program (SWAP)
The Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions is pleased to announce the commencement of the Seasonal Workers Accommodation Program (SWAP).
SWAP is a $6 million grant program, targeted to support local government, industry, accommodation providers and regional stakeholders to provide suitable accommodation and transport that meets COVIDSafe standards for Victorian seasonal horticultural workers.
Individual farm businesses can apply for accommodation/transport support under the Agriculture Workforce Plan VIC business adaptation grant.
The SWAP program will make available three streams of funding, covering the following activities:
- Accommodation and transport, including:
- The supply of COVIDSafe temporary and permanent accommodation and transport for seasonal workers.
- Logistics and coordination services to develop, oversee and implement the safe accommodation and transport of the season al workforce.
- Development of proposals and business cases that encourage private sector investment in accommodation for agricultural workers.
- Billeting coordination where this meets COVIDSafe standards.
- Facilities Hire, including:
- Hire of portable accommodation, toilets, shower blocks, kitchens or other facilities that encourage COVIDSafe practices including separation and hygiene.
- Facilitation services to support COVIDSafe projects.
- Seasonal Worker Support Services, such as pastoral care services to the seasonal workforce, particularly where temporary accommodation exists.
Applications are now open and close on 31 December 2020 and will be assessed on a first come, first served basis.