Keep track of events in the Australian vegetable industry using the AUSVEG calendar. If you have an event you’d like listed, use our contact form to get in touch.
Events listed in bold are part of the National Vegetable Extension Network (VegNET), a strategic levy investment project under the Hort Innovation Vegetable Fund which is communicating research and development information to Australian growers.
Carbohydrate monitoring for orchard management – Mareeba
12 March @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm$150
If your trees could talk...
What would they tell you about carbohydrate levels?
How will knowing more about carbohydrate stores help you, to help them?
How will measuring plant carbohydrates help you on farm?
Growers are invited to join Growcom and precision-ag farming experts from Agri Technovation this March.
At this practical workshop you will explore the multiple benefits of tools like carbohydrate sampling to improve nutrient budgeting and management practices.
Presenters will cover:
- Crop physiology – carbohydrates, managing energy and nutrient demand.
- Crop and soil physiology – managing soil health for root development (in field).
- Carbohydrate monitoring for orchard management and productivity gains.
- Results and critical actions based on carbohydrate data. For example pruning schedule.
- Potential impact on nutrition and water management.