Ladycroft Orchards, WA
HILA Employment Category: Section Supervisor
A section supervisor in horticulture ensures that crop treatments are carried out as per established procedures, and operators are trained to discharge their respective duties. Jasmine Anderson works as a Section Supervisor at Ladycroft Orchards in Manjimup, Western Australia which produces 1,500 tonnes of pome fruit per year. She co-supervises a crew of 15 seasonal workers from Vanuatu. She helps oversee pruning, trimming, picking, tree training, and more. In a role like hers, Jasmine must have excellent communication skills to ensure tasks are being completed correctly by the workers – who often speak many different languages. Her job sees her work mostly outside and she loves tree training.
- Liaise with Agronomist / Agricultural Technician / Farm Operation Manager regarding crop treatments.
- Liaise with maintenance division regarding maintenance of plant and equipment
- Ensure all methods of crop treatments are done as per standard procedures.
- Pre-plant, fertiliser application, broadcasting of fertiliser and boom spraying of chemicals.
- Ensure the weather conditions are suitable to perform the required task to achieve the best efficacy.
- Liaise with Agronomist regarding scheduling of all crop water requirements.
- Monitor operations in garden growing to ensure work quality.
- Manage stock of fertilisers and chemicals.
- Production Horticulture Supervisor Skill Set – AHCSS00067
- Production Horticulture Administration Supervisor Skill Set – AHCSS00064
- Workplace supervisor – TAESS00006
- Diploma of Horticulture – AHC50416
- Certificate III in Horticulture – AHC30716
- Forklift licence