AUSVEG National Convention, Trade Show and National Awards for Excellence
When: Thursday 27 May to Sunday 30 May, 2010
The National Convention will be the largest industry gathering of its kind, bringing over 500 growers, researchers and supply chain representatives from across the vegetable, fresh and processed potato, organic, hydroponic and Asian vegetable industries.
The National Awards celebrates and recognises the achievements and accomplishments of individuals involved in the vegetable and potato industry such as growers, researchers and supply chain representatives.
AUSVEG is the national peak industry body representing the interests of over 9,000 Australian vegetable and potato growers.
– Major General Michael Jeffery, Former Governor-General of Australia
– Senator Nick Xenophon – Independent Senator for South Australia
– Sarah Pettitt – National Farmers Union UK Horticulture Chairman
– Glenn McGrath – Elders Ambassador & Former Australian Cricketer
– Greg Davis – General Manager Fresh Produce – Coles
– Syngenta Grower of the Year
– Dow AgroSciences Young Grower of the Year
– Boomaroo Nurseries Industry Impact Award
– Du Pont Industry Recognition Award
– Elders Productivity Partner Award
– Brisbane Produce Markets Innovative Marketing Award
– McCain Women in Horticulture Award
– Bayer CropScience Researcher of the Year
Where: Conrad Jupiters Hotel-Casino, Gold Coast
Lead Partners: Elders, Du Pont, Syngenta, Bayer CropScience
Media Contact: Hugh Tobin, Communications and Public Affairs Manager;
AUSVEG Phone: (03) 9822 0388, Mobile: 0431 939 920, Email: email@example.com.
Media passes available upon request. Please contact AUSVEG for further information.
Full details available from the AUSVEG website www.ausveg.com.au/convention.