State veg industries celebrated at AUSVEG SA and AUSVEG VIC Awards for Excellence
The best and brightest in the South Australian and Victorian vegetable industries have been celebrated this week, with AUSVEG SA and AUSVEG VIC holding their annual Awards for Excellence to recognise their regions’ leading growers.
These Awards for Excellence provide a great opportunity for local growers to come together and celebrate the achievements of the past year, recognise the work being done by dedicated and innovative industry members, and take a night off to network in a more informal setting.
These winners will be nominated in their respective categories at the National Awards for Excellence. These awards will be presented during Hort Connections 2018, being held at the Brisbane Convention Centre from 18-20 June. The awards are also open for nominations from other industry members, so don’t forget to put forward someone to be recognised for their hard work!
AUSVEG would like to congratulate all winners and nominees for their achievement, and we’d also like to thank them for their commitment to supporting and contributing their local industries.
South Australian winners
- Scott Samwell, Eastbrook Farms – Grower of the Year (proudly sponsored by Peats Soil)
- Daniel Quattrocchi, Monika’s Organics – Young Grower of the Year (proudly sponsored by the South Australian Produce Market)
- James Altmann, Biological Services – Industry Impact (proudly sponsored by William Buck)
- Sue Pederick, SARDI – Women in Horticulture (proudly sponsored by Primary Industries and Regions South Australia)
- Angelica Cameron, IPM Technologies – Researcher of the Year (proudly sponsored by SA Water)
- Paul Musolino, T Musolino & Co – Environmental Award (proudly sponsored by Bayer)
- Michael Bogicevic, Coolibah Herbs – Grower of the Year (proudly sponsored by E.E. Muir & Sons)
- Daniel Hammond, Bulmer Farms – Young Grower of the Year (proudly sponsored by Wolfdene)
- Danyang Ying, CSIRO – Industry Impact (proudly sponsored by AUSVEG VIC)
- East Gippsland Vegetable Innovation Days – Community Stewardship Award (proudly sponsored by FreshSelect)
- Lisa Corrigan, Corrigans Produce Farms – Women in Horticulture (proudly sponsored by Boomaroo)
- Jessica Page, IPM Technologies – Researcher of the Year (proudly sponsored by Visy)
- Chris Odell, Odell Bros – Environmental Award (proudly sponsored by Butler Market Gardens)
- Schreurs & Sons – R&D Adoption Award (proudly sponsored by VegNET Victoria)
If you’re a media representative interested in photographs of the awards ceremony, or if you’d like more information about winners or to request an interview with a winner, please contact the relevant state manager:
08 8221 5220
03 9882 0277