HARPS Training and HACCP Refresher Course available from start of August
A new training course has now been finalised to help growers, suppliers, packers and wholesalers learn more about the system and equip themselves to meet HARPS requirements.
The one-day, face-to-face course will combine HARPS training and a refresher course for the HACCP system, and will cover the following:
- HARPS overview and general requirements
- Food safety and quality issues in the produce industry
- Legal requirements for food safety programs
- The four primary hazards in the produce industry (biological, chemical, physical, allergen) and their sources (such as inputs)
- The three elements of a food safety program: facilities and equipment, HACCP and pre-requisite programs
- Food safety risk assessment and the HACCP process; and
- HARPS elements in practice (which will be embedded throughout the training).
The course has been designed to reflect the immediate needs for producers to meet the HARPS requirements, using case studies and practical examples where possible.
In addition, the course will include food safety risk assessment and the HACCP process, which will qualify as ‘HACCP refresher training’ as stipulated under Section 5.2 of the HARPS Standard. (this will save needing to attend a separate HACCP Refresher course). The course will also cover updates that are due to be released in the HARPS Standard Version 1.1.
The fee for the course will be $730 per person (GST exempt), and attendees will be provided with a handbook to keep, as well as example templates and pro forma documents that they can adapt to their own specific activities.
Delivery of this course will commence from the beginning of August.
Right now, the project team is working on identifying dates and locations where there’s demand for the course. If you’d like to take part in this course, get in touch with Andy Shaw at email@example.com to nominate your preferred date and region.