Upcoming webinar: How cover cropping can improve IWM for veg growers
Integrated weed management (IWM) is vital for getting on top of weed problems in vegetable production.
Applied Horticultural Research invites you to its upcoming webinar, during which the weed teams from University of New England and Soil Wealth will discuss the findings from their Hort Innovation-funded project A strategic approach to weed management for the Australian vegetable industry (VG15070):
IWM for veg growers – how cover cropping can improve IWM | 1pm-2pm (AEDT) Thursday 10 December: This webinar will look at the capacity of both summer and winter cover crops to out-compete weeds during non-cash cropping periods, reduce the weed seedbank and improve soil health.
Topics line up:
- Data from cover crop project:
- Using cover crops for weed suppression.
- Most efficient species.
- Data from UNE’s field trials:
- Summer: Richmond, NSW, including data.
- Winter: Myalup, WA, including data.
- Winter: Ryegrass cover crop a winner in Wedderburn snow pea cropping.
Click here to register.