Consumption of juiced fruit and vegetables data analytics (MT16008)
This project surveyed almost 150,000 Australians to deliver insights into the fruit, vegetable and juice consumption of Australians through the CSIRO Healthy Diet Score.
An analysis of the survey data allowed investigators to find:
- The proportion of respondents who meet the fruit and vegetable consumption guidelines
- How much variety they consumed
- How various segments of the population differ
- The importance of fruit and vegetable intake on overall Diet Score.
- The research revealed a significant opportunity to grow consumption, with over half of Australian adults not currently eating enough fruit – and over 65 per cent not eating enough veg – to meet Australia’s dietary guidelines.
Women, older Australians, retired people were segments of the population more likely to meet the guidelines.
The researchers recommended health promotion of one simple message to Australians — always eat three types of vegetables with dinner.